This article serves to collect and organise resources that are made by the community. Every once in a while, a routine check will be performed to remove outdated content, fix broken links, and add new resources. If you would like to have your submission added, feel free to contact me with the details that are given at the bottom of the page.
The resources are based upon the combined efforts of the members of the Malware Research group on Telegram, who I’d like to thank for the submissions and their efforts.
Note that the resources are not listed in a particular order. This list is not an exhaustive resource.
- Unable to locate new malware samples to analyse? You can use Megabeets’ Fantastic Malware And Where To Find Them or my own Searching Samples article
- Are you interested in assembly language and/or are you unsure what a specific instruction does? Refer to the Intel manual for the x86 and x86_64 architectures
- Do you want to analyse malware (or binaries in general), but are you unsure how to? Check my Binary Analysis Course
- Have you been struck with ransomware and do you want to know what type it is? Check ID Ransomware and No More Ransom
- Have you started reversing Windows executables but is the PE file format unknown to you? Find out more on Aldeid
- Do you want to set-up your own lab? You can set up an automated Cuckoo server using this Ansible script
- A page that links to all kinds of Awesome pages related to IT security
- Do you want analyse an Android application? You can use my AndroidProjectCreator to convert an APK to an Android Studio project
- Malware analysis tutorials by MalwareUnicorn
- Want to know more about Process Injection, anti-analysis techniques, packers and how to unpack them? Check out OALabs’ YouTube channel
- Want to know more about file formats or hash collisions? Check Corkami’s GitHub repositories
- Jacob Pimental’s malware analysis blog
- Bellingcat’s research methods for OSINT
- Danus Minimus’ malware analysis blog
- Arnau Gàmez i Montolio’s reverse engineering blog
- Nikhil Hegde’s malware analysis blog
- 0xlsd’s malware analysis blog
- Telegram groups for Radare2, Frida, x64dbg, Cutter, Ghidra, the Malware Research group, and the Incident Response Community
- (Spanish) Rubén Revuelta’s malware analysis blog
- (Spanish) W4nn4die’s malware analysis blog
- (Turkish) Fatih Şensoy’s malware analysis blog